- for children age 1-5.
- for children from age 1 until school starts. Daycare in private homes.
- for schoolchildren until age 12.
- for all children age 6. Integrated in school.
- for all children age 3-5. Three hours every day during semester.
Forms for applications are available at the school secreteriat at Kvarngatan 4 in Sunne or at the website www.sunne.se. A place may be registered for one year in advance, at the earliest, or four months, at the latest.
The fee is based on the family's income.
Youth recreation at school holidays
For children, not in ordinary daycare.
Keeps the place
Children of unemployed are entitled to keep their daycare 15 hours a week. The same goes for children if the parents care for a younger brother/sister.
20 schools, ranging from compulsary to upper secondary schools and advanced vocational educations.
Nine-year compulsory school age 7-16:
- Sundsvik, year 1-6: Skäggebergsskolan, Åmbergs skolan, Lerans skola (year 1-3), Klättenskolan including preschool and leisure time activities.
- Västra, year1-6: Gräsmark, Rottneros, Svensby, including pre-school and leisure time activities
- Östra, year 1-6: Lysvik, Bäckalund, Prästbol including pre-school and leisure time activities
The municipality of Sunne is now investigating how we can provide the best education for our children. The compulsory school, year 1-6, is today divided in 11 units. An investigation and discussion about the future school is in progress focusing on reaching top quality for the pupils.
It has been suggested to close down three small schools situated in Rottneros, Bäckalund and Stöpafors in 2013. The discussion is going on.
– Independant school, environmental direction, year 1-6 including pre-school
– Independant pre-school
Fryxellska skolan, year 7-9.
Upper secondary schools and adult education
Brobyskolan, ca. 130 students in the Programmes for Hotel and Restaurant , Social Science, Technology.
BrobyGrafiska Utbildning, ca 400 students in the Programmes for Media, Graphic Media Production, Health and Leadership. Also Advanced vocational Training and Commission training for the graphic industry.
Södra Viken, ca 170 students in the Programmes for Natural Resource Use and Ecocyclic Transports
School for disabled children
Education in music, singing, dancing, painting, media, literature and drama.